Job Description - Senior Administrator
SCCOOP SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR
Organisation: Streatham Common Co-operative (SCCoop)
Employment Type: Permanent Employment after 3 month probation.
Hours: Part Time, 15 hours per week, flexible working with hours spread over 3 or 4 days.
Location: Streatham Common & The Rookery, Streatham Common South, London, SW16 3BZ.
Salary: £28,000 p/a (pro rata to 11,200 for 15 hours p/w), 25 days paid holiday in addition to public holidays.
Pension: contributions matched up to 4%
Responsible to: the Business Transformation Manager, Streatham Common Co-operative
To provide effective support for SCCoop’s Business Transformation Manager to ensure the smooth running of the organisation. This includes financial administration and routine operational administration tasks that will bring you into regular contact with all SCCoop staff and the Directors.
The role will initially be for a three month fixed term contract that will lead to permanent employment after this period should you be successful. Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the co-operative, this will include attending meetings and events outside of normal office hours and at weekends.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
The post holder shall:
● Input sales and purchase data into the financial system
● To prepare and issue invoices and receipts.
● To chasing late payments from clients/funder
● Make payments to suppliers and pay bills where not on direct debit
● Maintain petty cash records, debit card payments and file associated receipts
● To accurately record payroll adjustments
● Take on the role of Company secretary ensuring that obligations are fulfilled for submission of documents and records to companies house and HMRC
● Schedule, organise and take minutes of general meetings, board meetings and committee meetings (attend up to 12 evening meetings a year)
● Support the Board and the Business Transformation Manager by helping to monitor and report on financial performance. operational outputs and fundraising targets
● To co-ordinate and assist with recruitment, including scheduling interviews, processing offer letters and requesting references and employment checks
● Maintain records and ensure renewal of licences, insurance, phone contracts etc
● Maintain accurate records of maintenance repairs, and assist in arrangements with suppliers
Publicity, Outreach and Fundraising
● Maintain accurate records on the fundraising database, including administration of donations board.
● Maintain the calendar of events and manage the process for external hire of the Rookery
● Keep the website and social media updated with news and notices of events and an events calendar
● Produce and distribute a regular newsletter
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Co-operative Instructions, Values and Behaviours.