Who Are We?
We are the Streatham Common Co-operative; a community run social enterprise managing all services from gardening to litter picking in the Streatham Rookery since 2015. Many of you know us as 'SCCoop'. Currently, we are the only community group with direct responsibility for managing a Lambeth Park. In 2016, we took over the Paddling Pool on Streatham Common saving it from closure, and in 2017 started regular conservation work in the Streatham Common Local Nature Reserve.
Our board is made up from local volunteers, who are elected at our AGM and representative from our key partners - the Friends of Streatham Common, Streatham Common Community Garden, Lambeth Council, and the local community.
The board hires the manager and oversees the co-operative setting strategy and ensuring good governance. We currently have six full and part-time staff, helped by dozens of volunteers.
2018 Board Members
Six board members are elected at the AGM, four represent our partners.
- Chair: Richard Payne (Elected)
- Vice-Chair: Maggie Charnley (Streatham Common Community Garden)
- Treasurer: Marcus Ward (Elected)
- Leo Hopkins (Elected)
- Olivier Picard (Elected)
- Charles Mitchell (Elected)
- Alex Watt (Elected)
- Tracey Williamson (Friends of Streatham Common)
- Kevin Crook (Lambeth Council Officer)
- Cllr. Danny Adilypour (Lambeth Councillor)
- Dom - Manager and Head Gardener
- Nick - Deputy Head Gardener
- John - Groundsman
- Rory - Apprentice
- Lou - Project Manager
- Lee - Garden Designer